Wednesday 13 November 2013

The First Mission

>>>>>>CONNECTION ESTABLISHED
>>>INITIATE TRANSFER

Are we up? Yeah, ok I think we're good! I sure hope you guys realise what hoops I'm jumping through to get this signal out.

Wait what's tha..? Ok we're in.

Right sorry about that, where did I leave off?

Ah right my first mission.

So I on the same day that I met my handler, a real bitch goes by the twitter handle @CorporateBlues

My god if she knew I was doing this she'd string out my guts and turn them into a handbag strap!

Anyway, so my handler decided that the best way to trial things was to dump a bunch of us in the middle of nowhere and see what happened.

According to the bells and whistles of the time some serious stuff was going down in New England, the sort of stuff I has seen in Surrey but on a massive scale; a whole town shrouded in mist, the inhabitants being killed and returning as the walking dead.

So, me and four other dudes dropped in, dumped into the middle of a forest with nothing more than basic weaponry, some cash and a satellite phone to keep in contact with HQ. The mission: assess the situation, assist any other agents you may meet and remove any aggressor presence.

Sounds simple right?

Well, turned out the 4 others I arrived with were ex-mil, they started talking about clicks and perimeters all that crap. Me? I bunkered down, pulled out a bottle of coke and bag o' Malteasers and decided it was time to enjoy the New England countryside, after all other than my time at NYC for basic training earlier I had never even been to the States before.


You know, I'll never forget that night. The screams and the howls of pain. I found out later that it was classified as a Wendigo, but all I knew was that it was bigger than a man, with claws and teeth bigger than my head.

It killed the rest of the team while they were sleeping, or when they scrambled to get their stuff together, just one of them against four highly trained army dudes.

Then it was just it and me.

I could see it's hunger in it's eyes, the madness and rage that burned within. If there was any intelligence it was consumed by the need to feast.

It ran at me with no concern for itself, like a crazed animal it's mind focused on one thing and for what felt like forever we wrestled on the ground, it's clawed nails digging and tearing at my skin.

I don't know how long we fought, but I do remember that moment, the very moment it roared in my face and I knew what I had to do.

Hmm, funny really.

It was the first time I had ever fired a gun at a living creature, and in one shot the bullet ripped off the back of the creatures skull.

I remember it didn't die straight away, it lay there on the ground twitching and spasming, it's eyes still crazed with blood lust, still intent on eating my face.

A second shot to the temple at point blank range stopped that however.

I took my trophy on that day, a memory of my first kill. Let me tell you a Wendigo tooth makes a pretty awesome pendant!

Anyway, that was that, all alone in the middle of a strange country and no one answering the god damn phone!

So yeah, anyway, there's a little red light blinking at me so I need to wrap this up...

>>>>>>TRACER ENABLED

Ok that's my queue! I'll be back as soon as I can get another uplink.

>>>>>>SIGNAL LOST
>>HAVE A NICE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment